Tuesday, November 16, 2010

IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LIFE PLAY ON

I was driving to work sometime last week. A song 'Champagne Life' by Ne-Yo came on. Oooooh! Fabulous hit. Loved it instantly. I suddenly missed my fisrt job being a Technical Producer. I could listen to all types of music, any time. I love sound. I love being in a studio. It does something to my soul, heart beat. You name it. But I console myself that I can have it back. I wanna create shows, put them on the web, approach community radio stations. I get excited just thinking about it.

What would we do without music...without the beat, soothing melodies. I know for a fact I would be lost. It revives me. But hey, I feel so shamed that the first time I saw Ne-Yo. I was ashamed that I love mature music made by a young boy. I love Usher on stage. Now I am hooked again on Ne-Yo. Ooh. Maybe I missed a stage ..lol...ten years between 30 to 40. I'm trying to look around, wondering what have I done for those ten years. I feel like I was struggling so much I missed the music. I missed living. I missed life. I missed my rythm. Now I feel I have to pace. I'm rushing myself, rushing the time. I am hopping back and forth. Living in the moment and re-living what I missed.

It's not so bad. I am finding myself in the process. Maybe there is a reason all of this is happening right now. I can maturely enjoy my adult life...lol, nothing like tapping yourself on the back. One gain ... having a fabulous relationship with my son, my best friend. That's the greatest price I've ever received. I would never have known him like I do now. Our greatest connection, love for music.

So, yes, if music be our food of life play on. I can enjoy it with my son.

 

No comments: